Friday 7 February 2014

FR. AGNEL'S MULTIPURPOSE SCHOOL - VASHI: LEADERSHIP PROGRAM

Fr. AGNEL'S MULTIPURPOSE SCHOOL - VASHI: LEADERSHIP ORIENTATION
Feb 7, 2014: AVEC began it's 2014 Value Orientation Programs with a full day's Leadership Program for the young Leaders of Fr. Agnel's Multipurpose School - Vashi. Mr. Rochwyn Fernandes and Fr. Glenford were warmly welcomed by the managing Director Fr. Saturnino Almeida, Principal Mrs. Snigdha Roy, and Value Education Coordinators and Vice Principal Mrs. Vijaya Vaithilingam and Mr. Tejas. The young Leaders were in for a five hour 'LEADERSHIFT through Values' Orientation Program.
 Mrs. Vijaya introduced the resource personnel to the leaders and then after an initial fantasy meditation conducted by Mr. Rochwyn, the young leaders were set into a serene mood. He then introduced Fr. Glenford and the many activities that AVEC conducts across the Archdiocesan schools in Mumbai.
Fr. Glenn began the session with enabling the students to make 'intelligent shifts' in their leadership styles and to transcend the mediocre leadership styles so prevalent today in the world of politics or business. The poem ' Lost Generation' by Jonathan Reed set the note to have the courage to make SHIFTS that are wholesome and purposeful towards Self, Others, the World and to the Divine. The young leaders were then divided into Four Teams: Lively Sixes, Gen Changers, Future Group and Phoenix. The Teams took part in the various activity based moments that were coupled with deep sharing on one's personal lives and experiences.
The Leadershift Orientation Program focused a lot on the necessary values that Leaders need to acquire and live. "As Leaders in this school, your role must go beyond mere agents of discipline", he advised them. The young leaders were then taken through a battery of reflections and change in attitudes towards relevant leadership patters. The Orientation Program helped the leaders to find answers to the following Questions: Who am I? Where do I want to go and who do I want to be? How do I get there to my new point of arrival? Who are those who journey with me as a Team? How can I achieve my task differently? How can I can responsibly and delegate power? How do I handle conflicts and problems? How do i manage and invest in my Time? How do I leave a legacy? What would I like to be remembered for at the end of my life's journey?
At the end of the session the young leaders had discussed on Self Awareness, Vision, Goal Setting, Creativity, Responsibility, Delegation and Communication, Time Management and Wholesome living on Body-Mind-Heart-Soul dimensions and leaving a legacy of love for all to follow. Five hours passed so quickly that the young leaders could not believe it. So much was learnt in such a short span. The students expressed their gratitude for the wonderful 'Leadershift Orientation program - the first of its kind organized by AVEC and wished for more int eh near future.
 In the end, a few students wrote their comments in the AVEC appreciation log book:
I got to learn a lot from the workshop not just about Leadership but also about myself. I now realize on areas I need to work on. My perspective of being and working towards being a good leader has been changed and will try my best towards all that I learnt today.  Sashbit Nair
 A mind boggling session to say the best , complex things explained in an extremely simple manner. It will bring out the best in me. Rishikash Ganguly.

Thank you so much Father. You really have given us a new out look to our duties as Leaders. We have finally decided what we want to do with our life and have understood that life is restricted to much more than academics. We leaders have gained inspiration from your meaningful words. Thank you so much once again. Abhishek Krishnamurthy.
 Extremely superb! Highly recommended for all. Thank you Fr. Glen.  Kopal

This Seminar was a learning experience and I enjoyed it. Shahana

It was a refreshing and rejuvenating experience which helps us to think out of the box and constantly challenge ourselves to be better human beings. Sonali  Vaidya.

Had a wonderful time. All the things said by Father were really encouraging and I’ll try to implement them throughout my tenure. Vaishnavi
 Amazing experience. Imbibed Values for life. Shriya Murthy

Awesome experience very motivating Sakhi Mhatre.

Today I came to know what is real Leadership. Dhanashree. H

This is my 3rd seminar with Fr. Glen and every time it creates a huge impact in my life. Chantelle George