Monday 23 June 2014

CAMPION SCHOOL - FORT: STD VII VALUE ORIENTATION

CAMPION SCHOOL - FORT: STD VII ORIENTATION
June 23, 2014
Seventy students of STD VII from Campion School were in for a surprise today. AVEC organized a half-day Value Orientation program on the theme: 'My Life - A Valued Journey'. Mr. Paul Machado, Principal of the school, warmly welcomed and introduced the two guest speakers to the young students.  A spiritual tone was set in place, right from the start, with a powerful prayer song Sarvesham, Swastir Bhavatu. The visual and the words itself were inspiring and soothing too. Mr. Fernandes, then took the students through a short, but very meaningful, fantasy meditation that enabled them to calm down and relax. The prayer moment was also an occasion to get in touch with one's inner calling.
Fr. Glenn tested the students with simple everyday choices. "Without a Value Compass, direction in life is impossible. It's not how fast you run in life that matters, but, whether one is on the right track. Value Education sets one on this right track", he urged the students. Picking up three 'Making A Difference' stories of Ms. Kia Scherr, Ryan Hreljac and Malala Yousefzai, he challenged the students to start living their lives on a higher standard of significant contribution to society.
He took the students through four important phases in one's journey of life: the physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual dimensions of life. The students were invited to spend time reflecting on their present 'now moment', their past 'joyful and sad' moments, their future 'dreams and aspirations' and then finally, on their problems and difficulties in life. With the help of a very creative and practical handout, the students were asked to plot their own 'spiral of life' and 'wheel of life' moments and to reset their future based on appropriate values.
Time passed quickly. The session ended with an invitation to go 'Carry their Candles' and brighten their world through meaningful living. Finally, Mr. Machado took the students through a short review process to help them to put into practice the many insights learnt during the session.
 A few students took the time to write their comments in the AVEC log book:
"The session helped me to listen to my inner self" -  Aryaan Majumdar VII B
"The session taught me that if life if I run faster than the others but without the right direction, I will reach no where"  Sidhaant Mashruwala VII-B

"This session taught and enlightened me on how to live a simple value based life myself and also contribute meaningfully to society" -  Harshwardhan Zaveri VII B
"This session gave me a goal to strive for and live my life without anger and revenge. It taught me to help people who have less than me" -  Aditya Vencatesan Basu VII-A
 "This session enabled me to think about my past and not make similar mistakes in the future and forgive all" -  Aryan Chopra VII A
 "This was a very inspiring and helpful session. This talk taught me that I should set goals and strive to achieve them. I learnt that one should get M.A.D - Make A Difference!"  - Ojos Date VII A


Congratulations to all the students for their whole hearted cooperation and active participation in this Value Orientation Program. May God bless you all as you strive to make this world a better place to live.